The mood in Istanbul at the IATA Annual General Meeting was definitely jubilant this year. Despite all the challenges airlines face — and, frankly, when do they not face challenges? — attendees celebrated strong demand, cheaper fuel, and other tailwinds. Will the good times continue? Edward Russell, fresh off the plane back, and Jay Shabat discuss. Plus, the industry’s sustainability challenge and IndiGo’s international plans.
- Airline Execs Dismiss Slowdown Fears, Say It is ‘Best Recession’ Industry Ever Faced
- Airlines Must ‘Do Better’ to Develop Sustainable Fuels, Meet Climate Goals
- ANA Gains Traffic From U.S.-China Dispute Over Nonstop Flights
- U.S. in a ‘Business Recession,’ Says United CEO
- IndiGo CEO on Big Planes, Bigger Plans and a Potential Loyalty Program