There are three big reasons for Alaska Airlines proposed $1.9 billion merger with Hawaiian Airlines: scale, loyalty, and premium traffic. And there are lots of questions too. Edward Russell and Jay Shabat discuss.
- Alaska Airlines in Deal to Buy Hawaiian Airlines for $1.9 Billion
- Alaska Airlines Needs New Growth – That’s Why It’s Looking to Buy Hawaiian
- Alaska-Hawaiian Merger Faces a Justice Department Wary of Airline Combos
- What Could an Alaska-Hawaiian Loyalty Program Look Like? Think Marriott Bonvoy
- 8 Airline Mergers That Shaped Today’s U.S. Industry